Teachers Training at South West Academy
South West Academy continued their partnership with Think Africa taking our “Thinking Skills Development ” training .Last summer, the academy gave this training to its high school teachers and saw its impact improving the teaching learning process, attitude of teachers and over all skill to make teaching more practical as well as creative. The effort will continue until all the teachers took the training and implement the concepts in their school.
Training Title: Thinking Skills Development
Training Duration: 1 full day
Training Description: Thinking Skills are the mental processes we use to do things like: solve problems, make decisions, ask questions, make plans, pass judgments, organize information and create new ideas. Often we’re not aware of our thinking – it happens automatically – but if we take time to ponder what’s going on then we can become more efficient and more creative with our minds.
Benefits of Attending:
- information processing skills
- Reasoning skills
- Enquiry skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Evaluation (Developing evaluation criteria, Applying evaluation criteria, Judging the value of information and ideas)
Who should Attend: Teachers and school leaders
- Experiential games which help for the understanding of the training.
- Explain Points by providing context specific practical examples
- Hold interactive lecture/presentation.
- Capture points rose from trainees and facilitate group discussion.
Approach: Participatory, collaborative and reflective