Global Leadership Forum 2017,Washington DC
As part of the Hubert Humphrey fellowship’s professional and leadership development initiative, I have participated in the Global Leadership Forum (GLF) from October 29 to November 2, 2017, at the Key Bridge Marriot Hotel, Arlington, Virginia.
The Global Leadership Forum (GLF), which takes place in Washington, DC, provided an introduction to US institutions, Federal agencies, and international organizations to Hubert Humphrey Fellows.
The GLF provided opportunities to:
- Meet all my colleagues in the Humphrey 2017-2018 cohort, establish professional connections, and begin new friendships.
- Visit Washington, DC and learn more about American culture and society. The hotel is located across the bridge from historic Georgetown and located near the Metro with direct access to the Smithsonian in DC.
- Arrange professional meetings with people in Washington who may prove to be valuable contacts in identifying my Professional Affiliation.
- Understand more about Hubert H. Humphrey and his legacy that resulted in the creation of the Humphrey Fellowship Program.
- Hear from Washington experts about important global issues and discuss these topics with your fellow colleagues.
Highlights of the week include:
- Diplomatic Reception hosted by the U.S. State Department
- Keynote speakers addressing this year’s theme of Humphrey Voices: Leadership for Our Shared Future
- Discussion group sessions with other Fellows from my world region
- Expert speakers on global topics
- Presentations by Humphrey Program Alumni
- Welcome Dinner featuring members of Hubert H. Humphrey’s family
- Individual Professional Appointments
- Sharing Cultures and Closing celebration
It was once a lifetime opportunity to meet incredible, energetic and young leaders all over the world with the passion, determination, and innovation to solve pressing challenges of their respective countries and beyond.
Resources from https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/global-leadership-forum